The purpose of this blog is to attempt to run 365 days in a row to benefit LIVESTRONG. With the help of great nutrition advice, a solid running team, and the proper equipment, I hope to achieve this mission. The MINIMUM run is 20 minutes per day.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

WEEK 17


(Pre Race Run Bolder Boulder 10k right near the mile 6 mark of the course posing next to the Great Frank Shorter)

WEEK 17:
47 Days / 318 to go!

Hey there folks!

Another week wizzes by! Our team (Boulder Express Running Group) went to a running camp up in Twin Lakes this past weekend which was really fun! We went on three great runs and took a small trip to Aspen. On Sunday, a couple of us even got adventurous and ended our long with with an epic river crossing. I mean why not take it up a notch in a late runoff season and practically swim for your life across a river!

I am also excited that I am feeling a bit back to myself finally. I can't believe that it has been just two days over two months of my surgery. The healing process has been stellar with one minor setback which we finally nailed down and only had me feeling a bit crappy for 5 days. Now that we are working on a solution with that we are back at it full force ahead. I feel like I am finally making some strides with my running and we will get to see that come to fruition this weekend as my first benchmark in a 5k in Reno. I was hoping that Bolder Boulder 10k was going to be that but I had that mentioned set back with the whole physical process for those 5 days and Bolder Boulder was day 3 so I was a bit under the weather that day. Like they say, there is always another race so I am excited to see what may pan out at the RENO 5000 this weekend followed by a 5 mile race in Central park the next weekend. Wish me luck!

Some other fun news, Max Muscle Sports Nutrition of Boulder has a new website! Check it out here!! My newest fave there that they sell is ULTRAGEN. Ultragen is the most advanced recovery formulation ever developed. Ultragen’s breakthrough technology is designed to work synergistically to provide the right nutrients to the right place at the right time during the 30-minute ‘Window of Opportunity’ following exercise so you can recover faster than ever before. Each serving of Ultragen delivers the levels of nutrients that have been shown in clinical research to maximize recovery and give you an extra edge over the competition.

Rapid and Complete Endurance Recovery Formula
Refuels Exhausted Muscles and Restores Energy Levels Quickly
Delivers Endurance-Specific Nutrients for Superior Recovery and Maximum Performance

What I really like about it is that the flavor is simple and smooth and it doesn't taste really heavy. It just has in it what you need and nothing else. The flavors are cappuccino, Orange Cream, and Tropical Punch. My favorite is Orange Cream. I take this immediately after my long runs and I feel like a million bucks. Then within a couple hours I try to get in a good balanced meal.
This week I am adding in a special offer. If you go into Max Muscle Sports Nutrition of Boulder and mention this post, you can get 15% off of your purchase that day. And even better, if you mention this post you can get 20% off of your purchase of $50 or more. To make it easy, just print the post or show it on your smart phone :)

In the world of LIVESTRONG I am showing you a clip of an ad from LAVA magazine. This just reminds me again to really motivate you to join TEAM LIVESTRONG as a way to give back to cancer research and helping those cope through it. You can learn more information here. It was one of the best experiences of my life! Every little bit helps!

Cheers and until next week :)

Jax


No comments:

Post a Comment